The Women’s Center, Inc. announces the following position opening…
Medical and Legal Outreach Advocate
Primary duties of this position include: Assist the medical community in the development of victim response programs with regards to protocol, documentation and implementation. Facilitate & conduct group and individual trainings for both the medical and legal communities. Advocate for victims in medical and legal communities.
- Accompany victims during interaction with healthcare providers related to Domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Accompany victims during contact with police, district attorneys, legal services, and the Court of Common Pleas as well as Magisterial Districts.
- Participate in the on-call system including response to crisis calls.
- Provide crisis/options counseling and supportive counseling.
- Provide information & referrals to participants.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- TEAM player!
- Masters in Social Welfare, Psychology, Social Services, Pre-Law, or related field.
- Bachelor’s in Social Welfare, or Political Science. Associates in Paralegal Studies, Psychology, Social Services or related field with two (2) years experience.
- High School diploma or Equivalency and six (6) years experience in related field.
Candidate must also possess the ability to communicate effectively and be organized and flexible. Successful completion of the Agency’s counseling and advocacy training. Candidate must also possess a valid PA driver’s license.
Letter of Intent and Resume’s should be sent to the following:
The Women’s Center, Inc.
111 North Market Street
Bloomsburg PA 17815
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Women’s Center, Inc. is an E.O.E.
Survivors of Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence are encouraged to apply.